Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Salary: dependant on skills and experience - TBA
Job Type: full time
The key purpose of this role is focused on development in the capacity of improvements to the systems and operational environment by scripting, automation or building of tools. There are several key areas that require constant development:
• Automation – Enhancements to the automation build process. Enhancements are continuously added to the base repository as well as additions of new technologies.
• Scripting and Tools – There are many processes, tasks that can be made easier using scripts or custom designed tools in a managed services environment.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of networking and storage, virtualization and operating systems, as well as good knowledge of the Architecture side of the role.
Ideal skills and experience - what are you bringing to the party?
• Experience working in operations - making sure the wheels are greased and the ship is humming along
• Automation, Packaging, Deployments (Custom Hypervisor, Puppet, Git, scripting, CI services)
• Source Code version control systems: Git & SVN
• Monitoring: NewRelic, PagerDuty, etc
• Programming Languages: Bash, PHP, GoLang
• Virtualisation: We have a custom hypervisor (ZPF) but things like VMWare ESXi/KVM/oVirt/RHEV
• Classics: Apache, MySQL, Redis, Varnish
• Logstash & Elasticsearch
• Networking (switching, routing, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, load balancing, DNS, Cisco, F5, Akamai)
• Multi cloud setup - AWS, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, Linode etc
• DNS, NTP, SMTP, Jenkins
• A solid background in Linux System Administration
Functions and responsibilities
This is a dynamic and varied role, which includes things like:
• Build, deployment and maintenance of new and existing environments
• Designing and maintaining highly available architectures
• Security (patch management, vulnerability scanning & monitoring)
• Uptime – design and maintain the systems and networking for uptime, resilience, architecting for failure.
• Evaluation of new, cutting-edge technologies to help improve business processes and streamline
• Develop highly-available, scalable, robust systems and take ownership of problems as they occur
• Undertake ad-hoc out of business hours work for occasional technical support
Coull is a young talented team building the next generation video advertising platform. We work with publishers to classify, filter and monetise their inventory, by providing a direct route to the platforms used by advertisers who want that inventory to traffic their ad campaigns. Our internal adops team manages the connection between the two, with our internally developed technology enabling scale, automation and quality.
If you want to be part of this talented team who work hard and play hard, send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Strictly no agencies.